Can HVAC Maintenance Make Spring Cleaning Easier?
Spring is finally here, and everyone is getting into the season's spirit with bright colors and all the organization tips that a person can handle. When people are considering the next step in their spring cleaning process, they should think about air conditioner maintenance. One should add the cleaning and upkeep of this important home appliance to the list of spring chores.
Cleaner Air Conditioner Means More Efficiency
- Cleaning the exterior AC unit
- Cleaning condenser coils
- Changing the air filter
- Inspecting ducts
- Inspecting electrical connections
- Tightening or adjusting electrical connections
- Combing vents
- Checking compressor
- Checking for coolant leaks
- Replacing worn-out or damaged parts
Don't Forget the Ducts
If the AC unit is cleaned, it will still not be completely cleaned without the ducts also being cleaned. If there is still dust and other detritus in the ducts, it can still be affecting indoor air quality even if the air filter is new and AC maintenance has been performed. Since ducts are the corridors through which the cooled air travels, they should be kept clean to safeguard the respiratory health of the household. A few reasons for getting a professional air duct cleaning are listed below:
- Consistency: Dirty or clogged ducts can prevent the AC from getting the air everywhere that it needs to go. Some rooms will then not reach the appropriate temperature.
- Efficiency: Open, clean ducts allow the air to pass through without hindrance and allow the AC to do its job more efficiently.
- Air Quality: There is no getting around the fact that stuff in the ducts can be blown out into the air people breathe in the home.
- Peace of Mind: Clean ducts free a person from worrying about pest infestations, mildew, and harmful mold.
Clean Home Leads to Clean AC Which Leads to Clean Home
Though the air is pulled from the outside in a typical HVAC system, there are also air uptake vents that recirculate air that is already in the home. This can create a continuous cycle of cleaner air or can spread dust and allergens even more completely.
If a homeowner keeps their home clean by dusting and vacuuming, this can help keep the air cleaner which keeps the AC filter cleaner, which leads to a more efficient and cleaner system. The intake vents are an area where one should give special attention to dusting, and filters can also be placed in these.
About Cardinal Heating & Air Conditioning
Cardinal Heating & Air Conditioning has been proudly serving Sun Prairie, WI, and the surrounding areas since 1984. They offer energy-efficient and easy-on-the-wallet solutions to modern home comfort problems. Call today for prompt and friendly AC service.