Upgrade Your Toilet Today
Is your toilet giving you problems? Having a broken or unreliable toilet can be miserable, especially when it’s the only (or the most convenient!) one in your home! If you’re not sure what is going on or how to fix it, give Cardinal a call. Our experienced plumbers will come figure out what needs to happen for your toilet to work well again.
Signs of Toilet Trouble
If you’re not sure whether your toilet needs servicing, look for the following signs of trouble.
- The toilet won’t stop running. You are probably familiar with the sound of running water that your toilet makes after you flush it. This is normal, and is the sound of the tank refilling so you can flush it again soon. Sometimes, though, that sound never stops. This is a problem because it raises your water costs and often means you can’t flush the toilet.
- There’s water around the toilet’s base. This usually indicates that there is a problem with the toilet’s seals. Since the seals help contain all of the water in the toilet plus all of the water that flows through it when you flush, these need to be strong and intact. When they degrade, you often find water on your bathroom floor.
- The toilet clogs regularly. Everyone experiences a toilet clog now and then. When it happens all the time, though, it indicates a bigger problem. Sometimes, there is a clog farther down the line that needs to be dislodged. Other times, there’s something wrong with the flushing mechanism. Either way, keep your home sanitary by getting the toilet looked at by a professional.
- The toilet won’t flush well…or at all. Toilets need to flush well to keep your home clean. After all, no one wants to leave…stuff…sitting in the bowl all day. If your toilet doesn’t flush, or doesn’t flush well, it needs some professional TLC.
- You can see cracks in the toilet. Visible cracks in the porcelain part of a toilet mean that it’s time to get a new toilet. With all the water in a bathroom, it’s easy for bacteria and fungi to grow inside of these cracks. This can cause all sorts of problems, both with the toilet and with your health.
If you see any of these signs, it’s time to have your toilet examined. Our professionals will come to your home and figure out what needs to be done. Most of the time, we can repair your toilet without a problem.
Occasionally, it is better to replace a toilet than to repair it. If that’s the case in your home, we’ll let you know. Then we’ll suggest some different models of toilet, and help you find one that fits your needs and your budget. Once you know which toilet you want, we’ll order it and install it for you.
Whether you need toilet installation or repair in your Madison, WI home, call Cardinal. Our plumbers are the best and they’ll get the job done so you don’t have to worry anymore.