You come home on a summer day, only to realize that your house is boiling and the air conditioner is out. For any homeowner, the idea of dealing with this problem can be a stress. Luckily, for folks in or around Sun Prairie, Cardinal Heating & Air Conditioning is here to help. We are your central air conditioning installation experts with over 30 years of experience. Our technicians help you through the entire process including choosing the right unit, and then performing the actual installations.
Save on your AC installation service with our coupons and specials.
- Does my AC have a filter, do I need to replace it?
Yes, the central Air conditioning system uses the furnace filter to catch indoor dust and debris. It's important that you are changing your filters on a regular basis.
5 Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Replacement
Purchasing a new air conditioner may seem like a big investment, and some owners may drag their feet. However, there are some signs that you simply can’t ignore. They include:
- Age: Air conditioners are built to last, but over time and through normal use, that life can be cut down. If your AC is over 15 years old, and constantly giving you problems, the best choice is to replace it.
- High Energy Costs: During the Sun Prairie summers your air conditioner can be on for most of the day, which translates to higher energy costs. If your AC is older, or damaged, those same costs can easily double or triple.
- Fluctuating Temperatures: You expect your air conditioner to constantly provide cold air whenever it’s in use. The reality however is that when an AC unit is on its last legs, the temperatures it produces will fluctuate often.
- Noisy Operation: An air conditioner is a mechanical appliance, with plenty of moving parts. Those same parts can come loose and make noise as your air conditioner ages. If you heard banging, scratching, or any other strange noise, it may be time to replace.
- Constant Repairs: In most instances, you will opt for repairs before replacing your air conditioner. At some point, the regular cost for repairs, can equal the cost of a new unit. If you’re constantly having to hire a technician, getting a new system may be the better choice.
If you’ve been dealing with any of these issues, the time may have come for an ac replacement. Our technicians can help guide you through the process and install a system, restoring cool temperatures to your home.
The Perks of a New System
Central air conditioner installation may not be the first thing on your to do list, but there are some perks that make it well worth the investment. When you install a new system in your home you will enjoy:
- More energy efficient cooling
- Improved indoor air quality
- Stronger air flow throughout the home
- Quieter operation
- Increase property value
Your air conditioner doesn't have to be damaged to replace it. A good example of a situation where a new air conditioner installation would be a benefit is if you're expanding your home. Additions to your home require ductwork and an AC unit strong enough to reach it, and we can help with that too.
- How can I improve my indoor air quality?
Indoor air quality can be improved with many different products and services . Air duct cleanings may be necessary depending on the condition of the HVAC ducts. Products that can improve indoor air quality are Humidifiers, Dehumidifiers, UV air purifiers , Air Ionizer, media style air filter, and improving air ventilation in your home.
Working With Cardinal Heating & Air Conditioning
At Cardinal we pride ourselves in our work, and it has showed, winning best heating and cooling company in Sun Prairie for five consecutive years. We’ve won those accolades by providing our customers with the very best service, and that is not lost on our air conditioner installations.
When you work with us we can help you choose aunit with your budget in mind and perform the installations according to manufacturer standards to ensure warranty coverage.
Visit our reviews page to see what some of our customers have to say, or schedule an inspection for your home today!