As a homeowner, you rely on your water heater for a steady supply of hot water for daily use. Whether you’re taking a hot shower, or removing tough grease from dishes, hot water is a convenience you rely on. So what do you do when your water heater breaks down? Cardinal Heating & Air Conditioning is your reliable water heater repair and installation plumbing company. With years of experience in and around Sun Prairie, and all the skills and tools needed to get the job done, you can expect the flow of hot water to be restored in your home in no time.
Save on your water heater services with our coupons and specials.
- When should I replace my water heater?
If you notice strange or loud noises coming from your tank, this could indicate an issue that requires action sooner rather than later. Water is supposed to stay inside a water tank. If you see water pooling around the tank or around the pipes leading to the tank, there is definitely an issue that needs immediate addressing. Leaks don’t normally stop on their own. If ignored, they can lead to significant property damage as well. If you spot rust on the outside of your tank this could be an indication your tank is leaking. On average around here, we will see a water heater get replaced every 10-15 years.
5 Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repairs
While realizing you have no access to hot water is the easiest way to tell something is wrong, there are plenty of other signs that pop up that may warn you of an issue before a major emergency. These include:
- High Energy Bills: Your water heater works by constantly heating water throughout the day. Because of this, it can be one of the larger consumers of electricity. However, if you notice your energy bill is spiking month after month, then there may be a larger issue at play.
- Rust Colored Water: If you’re running your taps and finding that the water is coming out rust colored, then your reservoir tank that holds the water, is deteriorating. It’s important to get service immediately as a rusty tank can easily crack.
- Water Leaks: When your reservoir tank is damaged, it can quickly spring a leak. A leak from a water heater is one of the more damaging plumbing issues you can face because of the risk it poses for water damage.
- Low Water Pressure: A decrease in water pressure can point to various issues in your home plumbing, including clogs. However, if the water pressure decreases specifically when you use the hot water, it could be a symptom of a water heater issue.
- Noisy Operation: Your hot water heater should not make a significant amount of sound during operation. If you start to hear banging or cracking in your system, then there may be sediment buildup inside causing the problem.
If any of these symptoms sound familiar to you, then it’s time to get water heater repairs. Our plumbing contractors have years of experience working on major brand appliances and can find a cost effective solution for your in no time.
The Benefits of Water Heater Replacement
Most homeowners will try to avoid replacing an appliance at all costs. However, if the situation arises, and you need a new water heater installation in your home, there are some benefits that will make it well worth it. Some examples include:
- Energy efficient operation saves you money.
- Elimination for the need for repairs.
- Increased property value.
- Warranty protection.
- Increased supply of hot water.
- Improved water quality.
Cardinal Heating & Air Conditioning can help with all your hot water heater replacement needs. From inspecting your home and taking measurements, to helping you choose the best unit for your budget, our plumbers provide a full service stress-free installation process.
Don’t just take our word for it. See what our satisfied customers are saying on our reviews page, and when you’re ready, give us a call to find out how our water heater specialists can help you.