At Cardinal Heating & Air Conditioning we provide full-service heating technicians capable of giving you repair and maintenance solutions. We’ve been working with homeowners all over Sun Prairie for over thirty years, offering transparent pricing and reliable solutions. If your furnace is struggling to heat your home, or you're constantly having to raise the thermostat just to be comfortable, then we want you to try our furnace repair service and see the difference that professional technicians can make for you.
Save on your next service call! Call us to find out about our specials and coupons, and to learn more about the services we provide.
- Why should I do a tune-up on my furnace and ac each year?
Tune-ups help keep equipment running efficiently and may help prevent some failures . Manufacturers of the HVAC equipment recommend annual maintenance to help units run at peak performance.
Sun Prairie Furnace Service for the Homeowner
The optimal operation of your home's furnace provides both unmatched comfort and, when cared for properly, a stable monthly energy expenditure. Regular maintenance on your system can help you extend the lifespan of your system. Some benefits you will enjoy include:
- Quieter operation
- Major furnace repair prevention
- Improved air quality
- Energy efficient operation
- Extended furnace lifespan
A thorough inspection, minor and necessary repairs, and a reconditioning of mechanical components – this is what you can expect when you work with our professional technicians. Our services will help you keep your furnace working stronger for longer.
- Check all the burners for proper operation
- Check thermocouple for proper operation
- Check the heat exchanger surface
- Check the flue pipe
- Lubricate pumps, bearings, and fans if applicable
- Check the inducer and blower motors
- Check and tighten all electrical connections
- Check the safety switch and controls
- Check the pilot assembly
- Check temperature and pressures
- Check thermostatic for proper operation
- Check gas valve
- Check zone valves
- Check expansion tank
- Check aquastat, relay, and water regulator
- Check airflow across indoor coil and blower wheels
- Check ductwork for leaks
- Start and test operation and cycle of unit
- Check airflow
- Check humidifier/dehumidifier
- Check drain lines and traps for proper function test and label of emergency shut off
Warning Signs Your Furnace is in Need of Repairs
Regular maintenance will help you avoid major problems, however, at some point you will need our furnace repairs due to a breakdown. Some signs that a breaking point is looming could include the following:
- Foul-smelling Air: Your furnace pushes air throughout your home, and if you start smelling a foul odor, it could be due to several issues. It may just be an aging furnace, or dust burning inside; however, you could also have faulty wiring. Our repair services can find the issue, and solve it at the source.
- Noisy Operation: Every furnace will make noise to an extent, but an overly loud furnace can be suffering from a mechanical issue. Grinding, whirring, or clinking noises can all be giveaway signs that your system needs repairs, and with one of our technicians working on your system the problem can be quickly identified.
- Inefficient Temperature Control: Are you having cold and warm spots throughout your home? Does the air sometimes feel cold and then later steaming? If your furnace is unable to keep an even temperature, then it may be time for repairs.
- Excessive Utility Costs: If you find your utility bills have recently gone up, but you're still using the same amount of energy, then an aging furnace could be to blame. An aging furnace begins to struggle to heat properly, so it has to overwork itself and spend more energy, leading to higher bills.
If you think your furnace is damaged, call us for expert furnace repairs in Sun Prairie. Our technicians are unmatched in their ability, and they're expertly trained to manufacturer standards on multiple brands.
Choose Cardinal for Your Home
At Cardinal Heating & Air Conditioning, we attribute our success to clients just like you. Over the thirty plus years we've been in business, we have constantly grown according to the needs of our customers. When you call us for service, you can expect a caliber of personalized service equal to what we would give to our own families. Everyone here at Cardinal understands the need for a properly working furnace, so we know the importance of having your furnace in working condition. When we offer furnace repairs, we always provide transparent pricing to take the guesswork out of repairs.
Look at what some of our happy customers have to say by looking through our reviews page!