Let’s Learn the Basics of Air Conditioning Together!
As one of the most important systems in the modern home, homeowners must understand the basics of air conditioning. Knowing and understanding the basics could save homeowners a lot of money on repairs and bills in the long run, but that’s not all. This information is important because it gives homeowners a new appreciation for their indoor air quality, which is extremely important to the health of those living in the home. Without proper care to maintain indoor air quality, many in the home are likely to experience easily prevented illnesses.
Continue reading to learn more about indoor air quality, the different types of air conditioning systems available, and when it might be time for repairs.
Inside the Different Cooling Systems
Today, there are so many different types of air conditioners on the market, and it can be hard to decide which one is worth the investment. When it comes to their homes, homeowners typically look for something that complements their lifestyle while potentially saving them money.
If they are going to make the right decision for their needs and their home, they must first know the different types of air conditioners they have to choose from. Here is more information:
- Dual AC Unit: Uses a gas and electric furnace for cost-efficient cooling.
- Central AC: By far the most common source of AC in the modern home, this type uses a ductwork system with two separate units to cool every area of the home at once.
- Ductless Mini-Split: Works similarly to central AC but is more efficient. There are unit heads in each room of the home, and it doesn’t require a ductwork system.
- Geothermal AC: This heating and cooling system gets installed in the ground and uses the Earth’s natural temperatures to heat and cool the home.
- Window AC Unit: Those without central AC tend to get a window unit for their upstairs rooms to keep them cool in the summer. They work great for bedrooms or open areas.
- Floor Mounted AC: Takes the AC from the window and places it in the room. Typically, you’ll see this style of air conditioning in hotel rooms.
- Portable AC: Works similarly to a window unit. These units cool down individual areas of the home.
- Smart AC: Works with ductless mini-split, portable, or window unit ACs and is Wi-Fi and smartphone app-enabled. This is one of the most efficient types of AC on the market.
It Might Be Time for Air Conditioning Repairs
Some common signs that it is time for air conditioning repair include:
- The monthly bill is a lot higher than normal
- The unit or system starts making strange noises
- The homeowner can smell something coming from the unit or system
- Poor airflow
- The system constantly turns on and off or just stays on
- It’s no longer blowing out cold air
- The temperature in the home continues to rise even when the system is running
What Is Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) and Why Is It Important?
IAQ is simply how clean the air is within the home. This is extremely important to maintain because when the air in the home isn’t at its highest quality, it can lead to several problems, including health problems of those living within the home. The most common health problem people experience when they have poor indoor air quality is increased allergy symptoms, but it can lead to more serious long-term health effects.
Cardinal Heating & Air Conditioning Is There To Help
Sun Prairie, WI homeowners can trust the Cardinal Heating & Air Conditioning professionals to get the job done right the first time. They have enough experience to know how to handle nearly any HVAC issue a customer throws at them. They even offer 24-hour technician care because HVAC issues happen at all hours of the day and night. Call today to learn more about their AC services!